This is so cool! I stumbled across this while researching dungeon crawler mechanics and this is just amazing. I wished I could do something like that one day - good work!
Beat of the Bard
A downloadable game for Windows
Many try and many fail.
Is there but one who will prevail?
An unlikely hero of little regard.
Here to show us the beat of the bard!
[ DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW ]
- INFORMATION -
A game by NPJarcade, written in one week for Dungeon Crawler Jam 2021.
- Listen to the beat of the dungeon as you explore
- Some doors require higher combos to unlock
- After successfully dodging an attack, fight back while the enemy is exposed
- A true bard will time every action to the rhythm of the dungeon!
- CONTROLS -
W - Walk
A/D - Turn
S - Dodge
SPACE - Attack
ENTER - Select menu items
ESC/P - Pause
- CREDITS -
Follow me on Twitter @NPJarcade
Programming, artwork and graphics by NPJarcade, UK, 2021.
SFX randomly generated using ChipTone - http://sfbgames.com/chiptone
Additional SFX from FindSounds - http://www.findsounds.com
Audio edited with Audacity - http://www.audacityteam.org/
Annoying music created using Beepbox - http://www.beepbox.co
- Simply download Beat of the Bard.zip
- Extract your files to a preferred location on your PC
- Double-click the Beat of the Bard application and enjoy!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Stage 6 and onwards seem to be really laggy for me for some reason, to the point where I can't complete Stage 8 because I can't kill the enemies.
Hmm can't seem to get the second stage's rhythm right
It can help to keep an eye on the health and damage indicators, they dance in time with the music :)